I have the pleasure of speaking with one of my favorite authors, Daniel Pinchbeck. We started a dialogue after I replied to one of his articles on his substack that explored some of the problematic aspects of cryptocurrency. On this episode we discuss the promises and perils of cryptocurrency, organizing society in a functional anarchy, and ancient technologies explored in his new book Afterlife: Is there Consciousness After Death? You can find all of Daniel’s work on his website and find him on Twitter @DanielPinchbeck.
Links and books we mentioned
Daniel Pinchbeck’s Books
- Breaking open the head
- 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl
- How Soon is Now
- Afterlife: Is There Consciousness After Death?
Other Books we mention
- The Politics of Bitcoin: Software as Right-Wing Extremism by David Golumbia
- Inventing the Future: Postcapitalism and a World Without Work by Nick Srnicek and Alex Williams
- Why Materialism Is Baloney: How True Skeptics Know There Is No Death and Fathom Answers to life, the Universe, and Everything by Bernardo Kastrup
- The Soul of Man under Socialism by Oscar Wilde
- Deschooling Society by Ivan Illich
Awesome explainer video on string theory – Ten Dimensions Explained